Friday, August 7, 2009

Liberty Park

I have a new favorite park, in fact up till now I really never like any of the parks here in Utah. I'm use to huge parks with so much to do being from NY, but finally I have found a park that I love and enjoyed so much, even if it was only for 3 hours. That park is Liberty Park, up in SLC. I've wanted to go explore it for quite some time, so as I planned an outing with my girls and my nieces. I thought today would be a perfect day to go, especially since temps were almost 20 degrees cooler.
We packed a picnic and headed out. I forgot about the fires in the valley and seriously thought about turning around or finding an indoor activity in fear that the air quality would be terribly detrimental to Gracie and her health. But I decided to go and just watch her cues and I'm glad I did because it was such a wonderful day and the air actually wasn't that bad once we got out of Utah Valley.
Morgan played on the playground for a good hour and loved it. Normally she gets bored fast, but there was too much to explore and enjoy. Her favorite part was the toddler area where she could "cook;" I have such a girly girl. Unfortunately I forgot to pull out my camera, so no cute picture at the playground.


(I couldn't choose my favorite, I tend to have that problem.)

We then went and had our lunch. I laid a blanket on the ground for Grace and she was as happy as could be. She rolled and talked and just was so content watching the leaves and being outside. I love that she loves to be outside, very rarely does she ever cry and get upset when we are out playing.



My nieces seemed rather bored so we roamed until we found the peddle boats. They took Morgan and went around the pond a couple of times and really enjoyed themselves. If you look at the pictures you will notice a random little boy in them. Well what happened is, we waited in line for 20 minutes and all of a sudden this lady who was waiting with said boy totally cut us and tried to get a free ride. I wasn't going to have that, so I gladly announced that the boat could only hold four and we had three and were waiting before them. As the girls were getting in, she asked if her son could at least ride in the empty seat. I couldn't say no with him there so I said sure, as long as she felt comfortable. I was shocked that she would be so bold to mooch a free ride from us that I promptly called Jason and told him what had happened. Well when they got off the boat she offered to give me a couple of dollars, because she was now able to save her ticket for another day. I firmly declined, because I then felt guilty for all of my negative and frustrated thoughts toward this woman. I'm sure you all are happy I just shared that long story.

1 comment:

Erica said...

They all look like they are having are great time. Even "said boy" seems to be enjoying himself. What can you do? ;)