Saturday, March 24, 2012

A needed break!

After all the drama on Sunday evening with losing Gracie's tooth, Monday morning didn't start off any better. We woke up at 5:30am to a pool of blood where Gracie was sleeping (in our bed). After a major freak out, I cleaned her up and realized that she must have dislodged a blood clot that had formed. I was worried that she would need stitches, but after a quick trip to the dentist, found out it wasn't a major issue, especially since Gracie is on aspirin, which acts as a blood thinner. Other than putting Grace on an antibiotic just in case infection resulted, there was nothing the dentist wanted to do for her.
"Gracie's new smile."
A couple hours after she had gotten home from school on Monday, we noticed that she was developing pink eye. We quickly started the drops and kept her home from school Tuesday. I think both Gracie and I needed a lazy, fun day and luckily Morgan didn't have school either so me and all my kiddos just chilled all day long. We needed it.
After breakfast, we decided that we would fore go getting dressed and hang out in our pj's all day. We read books and played with playdoh---Ryan may have eaten some.
Then the kids had a snack and watched a show while I worked on a surprise for them upstairs.
We played in the tent, read more books and sang songs, until everyone was ready for lunch. After lunch I surprised them with jello-jigglers. Morgan loved them! Gracie was terrified and Ryan wouldn't touch them for the longest time, when he finally did he just poked at it and wouldn't even try it. Too funny!
We needed a day like this to get better and just be together--too bad dad had to work!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like a great day to me! I love the jello jiggler story. :) I hope Grace is doing better this week! and everyone else!