Thursday, April 10, 2008

Friends

When I was in high school I was often told that many of the friends I then had would not be my friends in 5 years--not because we would fight and stop liking each other, but because as time passes people grow and change and become different and aren't as compatible.

I often wondered if this was the same case for friends that are made later in life; especially since there seems to be less time for friends as my family grows and I have more and more demands placed upon me and what seems to be less time for those outside my family. But I have come to learn that this is not the case with all friends, I have been lucky enough to have been blessed with several friends that no matter how much time passes without talking things are never awkward. These are the type of friends that are more like family, the friends that no matter what, you can always call them and they will be there.

So I guess what I am saying is thank you to those friends who are my sisters and will always be family. You know who you are and how grateful I am that we have been able to develop a life-long friendship.

No comments: