Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Catching Up---lots of pictures

I can't believe that it has been almost a month since I last updated the blog---I've been trying to pack as much fun as possible into this summer in an attempt to make up for last summer and being in the hospital.
Morgan and Jason went camping over night, while Gracie and I stayed home. We did go up to pick them up and enjoyed some outdoor fun, but had to increase Grace's oxygen because of the increase in altitude. Gracie really enjoyed the hammock and swinging with her big sister.


We've been going to the park, going for walks and playing at Grandma's house with cousins. Gracie loves the swing hanging from their tree and loves to lay under it and watch the leaves blow in the wind.

We pulled out the swimming pool and though the water wasn't as warm and Grace would have liked, I think she loved her first experience in the kiddie pool.

But perhaps the most enjoyable outing so far was this last weekend, we went up to Eden, UT with Jason's parents for the night and went swimming and just enjoyed being a family. Though I swear we spent more time packing and loading the car---concentrator and all---it was worth it. My only regret is that I didn't bring Gracie's swing, those of you that know her know that she loves her swing and I was foolish thinking that she could do one night without. Thank heavens for grandpa, who was willing to walk around the parking lot with her at 1am in hopes that everyone else could get a little sleep.

Gracie enjoyed this swimming experience so much more just lounging in her little duckie float. She can maintain ok sats off of oxygen for about an hour, so we disconnected her and she did great. Unfortunately it wore the poor sweetie out and I didn't dare take her swimming again the morning we left..but there will be plenty of times to go to local pools.



7 comments:

Gina and the Gang said...

She looks great! I'm glad you are getting the chance to have a "normal" summer!

Em said...

I'm starting to see more and more of Morgan's adorableness in little Gracie! What a fun time!

Megan said...

I'm glad to hear that you're having a great summer! And doing a lot of fun things! And you look great too!

Me said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Isn't amazing the difference from last summer. I am glad that there are no extended hospital stays this year. You go Gracie!

Holly R said...

Deanna, It is so good to hear an update. It looks like you guys are having a bunch of fun. We are coming up to Utah soon and I would like to stop by and visit if you have any time. I don't have a current phone number for you. My number is 480-284-4528.

emily and kevin griffin said...

so much fun! good for grace! i'm glad you are getting out as a family..that is so important!

Emily said...

Thanks for the update. To get our kiddie pool a little warmer I fill it up at about 7:30 or 8 am and then let the sun warm the water all day. I'm so glad Gracie gets to enjoy the warm weather, she sure does deserve it.