Friday, July 17, 2009

Not a baby anymore

For the longest time I have been wanting to post about my other sweet girl--Morgan, but I got carried away posting about Gracie's birthday celebrations.

Morgan has grown up so fast since Grace was born last summer, she went from this


to this

I wish I had the time to share all of her cute little phrases and things that she does, but here are a few of the things that have happened this week.

-Morgan still wakes up in the middle of the night and gets into bed with us only to be taken back to her bed. Last night she got into bed with us and when I took her back to her bed I noticed that she had put her shoes on her feet before coming in (when I went to bed her shoes were on her bedroom floor) I laughed so hard I was lucky I went back to sleep.
-Yesterday we called her grandma to see if Morgan could go over and play, when grandma said yes and we were heading out the door, she said, "My grandma is amazing, that's why she is my gammy."

-When we are in the car driving, she is already a backseat driver---she'll tell me to slow down when the light turns yellow or to stop if the light is red. Today she even told grandma as they were pulling away that she needed to put her seat belt on.

-The other day she was doing something she shouldn't have been doing and she knew it, just as Jason was getting ready to say something to her, she looked at him and said, "Daddy, don't get mad, be happy!"

Morgan loves playing mommy with her babies and loves cooking with mommy. Morgan loves to cuddle, especially when she gets a cup of milk, she'll even sit next to Grace and hold her hand. She knows way too much about medical things and always talks about being a nurse or doctor. Morgan loves her cousins and is very excited for her "favorite Aunt Kat's" twins to be born. Morgan loves other kids and loves playing with them, I think she will be the type to go up to those kids that are alone and be their friend. I could go on, but I think you get the idea---I think Morgan is amazing.

Morgan has blessed our family in ways that can't even be explained. I truly believe that if it wasn't for my sweet girl, we wouldn't have been able to make it through the last couple of years. Morgan we love you and are so glad that you are our baby, oops, big girl! Gracie is so lucky to have you as a big sister.

Last night as we were getting ready for bed, I asked Jason if he wanted to sing to Grace or if I should. Morgan wanted to do it---this is a replay of what happened.


A couple weeks ago I was getting the girls ready for their bath, I undressed Gracie and put her on the floor and heard Morgan changing her diaper, luckily my camera was close by.

3 comments:

Cammie said...

Those videos are the cutest thing ever!! Morgan is such a great big sister.
What happened to the birthday party video? I've been "witholding" my comment in lieu of it.
15 days!! I'm so excited and its not even me with a dang ticket! Love you guys

cici said...

Priceless!
Could be the new way to wear diapers! ;) Gracie is so good natured. You can tell she loves her big sis!

The Shelley Family said...

Cute girls...but i worry about the second video and all the sickos out there. Just a thought.
The first way she put the diaper on was hilarious!