Friday, October 9, 2009

15 Months

I can't believe that Gracie is already 15 months old, she seems so much younger than that! I am so grateful for all of the blessings and miracles that we have seen in the last 15 months of Gracie's life---its amazing how much Grace has gone through and overcome. I hope and pray that she will continue to be strong and determined as she continues through her journey here.

Anyways we went in for Grace's 15 month check-up, I finally switched her over to a new doctor, a pediatrician as opposed to our family doctor--this may sound funny but it was extremely hard to make the switch. I just love our family doctor, Shelly Savage, and how she has been with us from the beginning, other than Jason and a few family members, it was her 'shoulder' that I cried on upon finding out about Gracie's condition in utero and dealing with the fears and anxieties for the 4 remaining months of my pregnancy. I felt it was time to switch Gracie to a pediatrician because cardiology isn't following her as closely anymore.

We love the new doctor, he actually was Jason's when he was a baby and child. He spent an hour with us today learning about Grace and all of her surgeries, complications, and just plain uniqueness.

Gracie is doing well, has made some progress in weight gain, but nothing to write home about. Grace now weights 15 lbs. 8 oz., and is almost 29 inches long. So we have finally scheduled a G-tube consult for next month--we're hoping by then we will have her off more of her diuretics, though that isn't going too well right now.

Overall, Grace is doing amazingly well. She still hates sitting up, but can do it for about 5 minutes on her own. I think it pulls on her scare tissue and muscles as she stabilizes her core, she just cries in discomfort and pain until she lays back.

I think that is all now, I feel like I am just rambling now---sorry for an extremely random post.

5 comments:

cici said...

Dear Mommy,
I have some good news for you. Grace will just love looking way younger than the rest at age 30. :)
She is amazing and I am pretty sure that's why you named her Grace!
She will surpass the rest... you just wait and see!
Her eyes speak wonders.

Cammie said...

wow 15 months already. time goes by so fast. i love all the pictures in your last post, i look at them everyday!
love & miss you

Anonymous said...

I have followed your blog for the last couple of months and I wanted to let you know that you have a beautiful family and you are an inspiration to me. Know that sweet Grace is in my prays :)

Tiffany Profsky said...

Love the family picture..but as an ICU nurse I cannot condone the railroad tracks-HAHAha

Me said...

Happy 15 months old!! You are amazing!!!