Monday, August 4, 2008

4 Weeks Old!!

Our little Gracie is 4 weeks old today!! It has been a very long 4 weeks, with so many ups and downs, but our little girl is pulling through and showing us that she isn't giving up anytime soon. I'm still amazed at how much love and admiration I can feel for this little sweetheart--she truly has changed my life and added to the richness and blessings I already had.

With all of Grace's surgeries and problems it has been hard to really get to know her and learn what she likes and doesn't like, but the last week and a half we have been learning. Her favorite thing is to have her head rubbed, if you're patient it almost always soothes her and her eyes roll into her head and you can tell she is just thrilled and relaxed. She also loves listening to sweet baby lullabies and just starring into your eyes. She is such a sweet and wonderful baby and I can't wait till you all can meet her and feel of her uniqueness and strength.



On a different note, she is pulling through her set back on Friday. Yesterday and today have been good days for Gracie. Her blood pressure is holding steady and she is peeing like crazy, which we need so that all of her excess fluid will come off. She still is quite puffy but looks better. She ended last night's shift at -168 and we were so excited--I don't know who was more excited me or her doctor!!

Her wound vac was changed today and the plastic surgeon and the wound team all agreed that her wound looks better. Unfortunately I wasn't there to see it for myself, but comparing the pictures does show that today it looks a little better.

Right now we are just holding tight where she is, they aren't going to ask much of her because she needs to use all of her strength and energy to heal her wound and gain weight.

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she is stable now but there is no telling what will happen next. Hopefully though, we will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that we are able to bring her home with us soon (though it is still a long time off).

4 comments:

Shayla Taylor said...

We love you Deanna! Call if you need anything. :)

Erica said...

I am glad to hear she is stable now. I am still praying for her and your family. You are a wonderful mom.

Diane said...

She looks like she belongs in your family! That's fun that you can already see that.

Holly R said...

Deanna, I just wanted you to know that we love and miss you guys. You are in our prayers. I look at your blog often to see the updates. Sorry I don't comment often. As I was scrolling down the page where we couldn't see your pictures anymore, Leighton kept asking for Eeana and MorMor. I then asked him who Jason was by pointing to his picture. I said, "It's Jason." He said JaceJace. Your little girls are both beautiful. If you need anything, let me know. If I can't do it, I'll try to find a way for it to happen.21