Sunday, August 3, 2008

Small Blessings

Hi everyone this is Jason, after a little persuasion from Deanna we decided that it was time for me to make a post so here it goes. First let me apologise if this is just a bunch of little random thoughts I will try to keep it some what controlled. Today has been a normal Sunday for Deanna and I except for a few exceptions, this morning I was able to participate in my nephews blessing. It was an amazing experience the spirit was strong and his dad Chad did a wonderful job.
as I sat during the sacrament I couldn't help but get a little tear in my eye wondering if I will have the opportunity to bless Grace when she leaves the hospital, or if it will have to be done here. Deanna and I made the decision before Grace was born that we wanted to wait until she left the hospital to bless her. As we have progressed and Grace has gotten older we are coming to the realization that Grace is in for a long road here and she may not get to go home anytime soon. As I sat there I got the impression that things are in Gods hands and only he knows what is best for us, along with the overwhelming feeling of peace.
I just want to end by thanking everyone who has supported us since Grace was born. We realize that we are being blessed in more ways than we can know. I especially am blessed with an amazing family, we have been staying with my Mom and Dad since we left the hospital about a month ago. They truly have been amazing in caring for us and Morgan. My brothers and sisters have also been amazing and have often dropped things with out question to help us. We also cannot forget the countless friends of Deanna who have been here and supported us. Without the support we have received we truly would not have survived the last couple of weeks.
Please continue to pray for Grace, we know she still has a long road of her but we know that with prayers and faith she will pull through

4 comments:

Shayla Taylor said...

Great post Jason! You should blog more! We are thinking about you guys and are praying for Grace. Let us know if you need anything.

Em said...

Jason and Deanna,
You guys are amazing! We love you guys so much and are there for you guys no matter what! I know it was hard today seeing Caden get blessed, but you guys are so strong, and I know everything will work out for gracie! We couldn't have been blessed with two cuter and spunkier nieces we love you guys!
Mike

emily and kevin griffin said...

It is a great post! Just know that your family and Grace are in our prayers!

Shiloh said...

I haven't seen you guys in a while! Tell Morgan Auntie Shiloh loves her. You have been on my thoughts and in my prayers. I have made a point of fasting for you as well. Everytime I check in on your blog to see how you guys are doing I can't help but get a little emotional. I really do love you guys and hope you are all doing well. I would like to get you an invitation to the wedding if I can but I don't know where to send it.