Monday, August 11, 2008

Update

Grace is still doing well--her wound seems to be healing and looking better every day. As of today the plan is to probably do a skin graft on Friday. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this yet--maybe after I get a chance to talk with the plastic surgeon I will not only have a better understanding of what is going on but also feel good about the operation. This will be number 7 in almost 6 weeks.

We value your thoughts and prayers and ask you to please continue them--we gain so much strength from all of you!!

4 comments:

Shayla Taylor said...

I'm back! Call me whenever you need me! We love you Grace!

Megan said...

I hope you are doing well. I had the briefest of glimpses into a hundredth of what you may be going through as Evan had some blood drawn this morning. It's nothing like 7 surgeries in 6 weeks, but it's so hard when they are so little and they don't understand what's going on. I hope the plastic surgeon can help you understand more and feel comfortable with the operation before it happens. And I pray that Grace's strong spirit continues to overcome. What a blessing she is to you!

Em said...

I know how overwhelming everything can be. I remember when they were taking Ryker to place a Broviac, I just thought, "does he really need this to happen? Do you really need to put him under again?" It is hard,and I am sorry you are going through all of this. I know Gracie is strong, that she will fight anything that comes her way.
All our loves and prayers,
Mike and Em

Ryan & Brytten Pettit said...

I just found your blog. I think you have a beautiful family and Gracie and you all are in our prayers, these babies are strong and we are so lucky to have them.
Heart Hugs-Brytten