Friday, March 13, 2009

Chest tube placement

When I called the hospital today not much has changed--Grace is doing well apart from her increase need for more oxygen on the high flow. The doctor informed me that they would be placing another chest tube today to tap the increasing fluid on the right side of her lungs. Though there isn't much fluid they feel that this is what could be contributing to Gracie's inability to be weaned down and off of the high flow.

As they were getting ready to do the procedure, I had a really hard time leaving Gracie. I didn't feel completely comfortable leaving her with the nurses that had her today, perhaps it is just because they seemed quite disorganized and not too confident in what was going on. It's just hard because Gracie's nursing bar was placed so high with all of our favorites...I'm sure these nurses are just fine, but I still worry.

No comments: