Monday, February 2, 2009

Nothing goes smoothly

Can I let out a big scream and just freak out?????? We finally went back and saw Gracie at 6:30pm, as we walked back there we saw the all too familiar scene---the nurse going crazy and four or five doctors around her door. Grace's numbers looked good except for the two yellow numbers (I'm so tired I forget exactly what they measure) were higher than they wanted and they didn't know why.

Turns out while in the OR the breathing tube got pushed down into her left lung causing it to collapse. They thought that it re inflated but after taking a stat x-ray they determined that the left lung still looked funny. So the only way to find out what was happening and fix it was to take Grace back to the OR. It is now 8:30pm and she is still in there--we did get an update, they have her open, there is quite a bit of blood in her chest, they were cleaning her out and didn't find anything that was bleeding yet. The OR nurse said that she seemed to be improving---whatever that means????

I'm trying to be strong, I joke and say that nothing with Grace runs smoothly. But it just pulls at my heart to see my baby who I would lay down and die for struggle every time they take her in. Hopefully what they are doing now will help and she will sat above the low 70s like she was doing after the surgery.

Thanks again for your love and prayers.

2 comments:

Douglas Lai said...

Oh my goodness! I just posted a comment and then saw this. Praying for Grace.
Erica

Jon and Kim said...

I'm so sorry! I will continue to pray for her! Be strong Deanna! You have incredible faith and strength! Keep me posted.